We finally got the sample Labels done.
I spent days making a custom typeface:
But in the end decided to go just scan in my dads awful, but interesting handwriting. I fudged it around in Photoshop for a bit, added our custom ampersand (its actually based on an ancient roman ampersand, fyi!) and voilà!
Heres the PDF we sent them for comparison:
Color is a little off... :-/
I feel like it should be in Navy:
Originally we wanted to have the labels woven in Khadi Silk, using just the colors without any text, but we were unable to find anyone with a finger loom to make them with nice, clean edges, and no one we pitched it to knew that Umber and Ochre were the names of colors!