8.21.2011

Tablets


I finally found out what this was all about. Turns out it was promoting a website for a new tablet company called Fusion Garage. They are promising a tablet with a completely new UI, based on the Android platform. Looks pretty snazzy too. Like a mix between Star Trek TNG and the Windows Phone.

Unfortunately, its not that different from the HP Touchpad (which is now on sale for 99$! Once my roomate gets his, ill see if its worth buying) in terms of functionality. And even more unfortunate is that it doesnt have the functionality I need. 

Heres the wishlist for my perfect tablet:

Bright 10" OLED Screen
Stereo Speakers
5-10 Megapixel rear camera with dedicated button
1.3 Megapixel front camera
Volume buttons or rocker
USB socket
SD Card slot
3.5 Headphone Jack
  • Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
  • Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
  • RRFC Touch Technology (like the wacom tablets)
  • Stylus
  • Dual Core processor (the faster the better)
  • Lots of memory (the more the better)

  • Basically I need this to be portable and durable enough to throw into my bag and work anywhere. I need to be able to run some sort of Vector based drawing application for doing flats and sketching, some photo editing program to make moodboards, and a good camera to capture inspiration images. 

  • Everything else is a bonus. 
  • Someone make it happen!!! Adobe, collaborate with HTC and take my money!! Puh-lease!!!

No comments: